"Firefly is a spiritual troubadour, a lyrical poet, on guitar, in vocal story and song. Without any filters or props she brings all of her multiple gifts to her audience, directly." -LE
• Original compositions
• Sing-a-longs of folk chants
• Impromptu group a-capella
Acoustic House Concerts
• Music festivals
• Accompanied by a band, plugged in
• Events & Conferences
Spoken word poetry
• Stand-up comedy
• Open mic host
• Services for spiritual communities (Sunday mornings, events)
• Guided sonic journeys
• Intuitive vocals, crystal bowls, rattles, bells, etc.
• Guitar or keyboard for facilitated processes in groups
For the aspiring singers, and individuals who simply love to sing. To those who know their vocal capacity has so much more potential than they have seen and desire a guide to celebrate their opening of expression.
Firefly has been on a journey of vocal liberation. Though she has always loved to sing and even took voice lessons in high school, stifled self expression from low self esteem in childhood kept her voice small and meek for many years. Over time, as people kept asking her to share her music, and as her spiritual awareness awakened and amplified, her channel began to clear and open.
Complimentary 15 minute interview to discover if working together will be a good fit.
1 hour to 1.5 hours
Sliding scale $35-55 per session
OR 5 session package for $150
In person or over Skype / Google Hangout
Awaken Your Creative Channel
Firefly approaches vocal coaching with a unique combination of modalities.
• Basic music theory
• Yogic breathing practices and energy techniques - to create a somatic link between the physical and energetic bodies
• Consciousness work - healing old beliefs about ability to express oneself fully
• Trance-inducing toning and drumming - to repattern the brain and flirt with the edges of what is supposed to "sound good" to expand capacity for creative expression with confidence.
• Exercises to take home and practice that keep the creative channel clear
• Performance tips
Firefly first picked up the classical guitar at age 10 when she received one from her Godmother for her birthday. She soon after picked up the clarinet and piano and stayed pretty focused on that for the next several years.
At age 14, her best friend started playing electric guitar. Inspired by the improvement resulting from the practice, she decided to give it a try. She switched to steel string and broke through the first wave of finger callouses by learning the first half of "Classical Gas". By her late teens, Firefly had taught herself enough to learn popular songs and ballads.
Everything changed however when her first song came through in her early twenties. From then on, a spiritual awakening expressed itself through floods and steady streams of spirit songs. With the encouragement of a beloved teacher and her surrounding community, Firefly dedicated the rest of her 20's to the art of divinely inspired song crafting, and the steel stringed guitar has been a loyal friend for the entire ride.
You and Your Guitar are One
Guitar lessons offered:
• Complete beginners
• On-and-off beginners
• Somewhat experienced players who want to get to a performance level.
• Experienced players who want to learn heart songs and how to facilitate song circles
Firefly's style of teaching is one that imparts not only the technical skill but also the spiritual awareness of what it means to have a relationship with an instrument.
Pricing and length of sessions are the same as for Vocal Coaching (see above).
"Firefly’s music and homily [is] inspiring as well as polished. As a speaker and musician she truly engages her audience...In addition to being able to reach lofty heights of a serious nature, she is able to share a healthy sense of humor. Her presentations have a satisfying flow from beginning, to middle, and to end. " - P.E.